Saturday, November 27, 2010


hel·la·ciousVery great, bad, or overwhelming.

I have recently become a stay at home mom to my 2 year old son. I feel safe saying it's been a hellacious experience thus far. By all definition.

The last 9 years, my family has been living a fast paced, high strung, processed life. If it took longer then 20 minutes to do it from start to finish, it didn't get done. I haven't gone to the grocery store without feeling the need to sprint through the aisles since I was 19. After working a 40+ hour a week job for the last 6 years, I was excited to spend time at home relaxing, playing with our son, cooking, crafting and finally getting to do everything I felt I never had time for.

"POP"

That was my bubble.

What am I doing? I have no idea how to cook anything that doesn't come out of a can, don't know what half the settings on my washer mean, and potty training...I might as well be speaking German. This is one big hill I have to climb and I feel like I'm wearing cement shoes.

I am hoping that through sharing my experiences I will become a better Wife, Mother and Friend, get my family healthier, bring us closer together and replace my feelings of insanity with feelings of accomplishment.

I challenge all hellacious homemakers (I know you are out there) to join me. Everything is better with friends! And food. Bring cookies.

3 comments:

  1. I love your profile! You need to help me make one for sure!!!! I love the antique look~~
    You should leave some baked gooods,,,on my door so I can post MY REVIEWS...you can make a REVIEW section!~ Isn't that a good IDEA!
    JAzmin Ramirez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Just stumbled across your blog. I only started mine up this week and finding a decent template has proved to be harder than cooking with a 15month old on your hip... lol. Don't be discouraged, it get's easier,... youll be a domestic goddessin no time! Im learning too. Got married in 2008 and had a baby in 2009 which took me from fulltime work for 8yrs straight to a full time stay at home mum! but i LOVE it... highs and lows, good and bad... its a wonderful journey. glad i found ur blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giggled through this entire post - I recently quit my high-pressure, 50+ hour salaried job to stay at home with our two year old. I TOTALLY understand the 'pop' that was your bubble. LOL I'm still trying to find all that 'free time' I thought I'd have.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete