Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wash Room Wednesday!


My super small, disaster of a laundry room.

I'm learning how to do laundry, the right way. I know there is more to washing clothes than just cramming as much as you can in the maching and pushing a button.

Enter "Wash Room Wednesday" Every Wednesday I will post something laundry related. Reader submitted tips & tricks, personal experiences, things I Google, and all the laundry gone wrong stories I'm sure I will encounter. On to today's tip!

REMOVING INK STAINS

This year we decided to decorate pumpkins with Sharpie markers instead of carving them. Not sure what we were thinking. I got this from http://www.doityourself.com/

Dab with a clean, wet sponge until no more ink will lift from the fabric
Allow to air dry (a hot dryer will set the stain)
Spray the spot with hairspray and place a paper towel on either side of the stain
Blot the remaining ink onto the paper towel
Use a pre-treatment or stain spray and launder as usual.

I only had a small spot but this totally worked for me.

Happy Laundering!

No comments:

Post a Comment