Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Grandma's Strawberry Bread


Grandma Spayer's Strawberry bread

I am NOT a baker. I can hardly make chili from a can without burning it. Although I did burn this bread the first time I made it (go figure), it is the easiest thing I have made from scratch and I now consider myself semi-pro with this recipe. It's great if you are new to baking and tastes super yummy!


Clearly I buy my sugar at Wal-Mart

You need:

3 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 16oz container of frozen strawberries, thawed
(you can use fresh ones instead just mash them up some so you get a little juice)


Preheat your oven to 350.

Add all dry ingredients together in a bowl and stir. You can be fancy and sift them if you have a sifter. I'm a fork girl myself.

After "sifting" make a little well, add eggs and beat them a little. If you're feeling angry you can beat them alot. Then add the oil and strawberries.
Stir, Stir, Stir!


Pour into 2 greased 5x9 bread pans and bake for 55 min.

This makes 2 good sized loaves.

Smaller loaves are great for gifting, just reduce baking time to 40-45 min.

EAT IT UP!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment